- “Holiday Special.” Midwest Dramatists Conference. Juried Reading. Kansas City, Mo, September 28-30, 2017.
- “Nothing Stays.” Burlington Fringe Festival. Off Center for the Dramatic Arts. Full Production, Burlington, Vermont, October 14, 2017.
- Dupin Investigates a Disappearance. Staged Reading. The Fundamental Theater Project. “Fright Night,” The Gemini and Scorpio Loft, Brooklyn, New York, October 25, 2017.
- “Holiday Special.” North Park Playwrights Festival. Full production. North Park Vaudeville and Candy Shoppe, October 20-22, 2017.
- “An Alien Encounter.” Paragon Play Festival. Other World Theatre. Full Production. The Public House Theatre, Chicago, Illinois. November 11-12, 2017.
- The Late Rosie Callaghan. Full Length. Staged Reading. Newvember Play Festival. AboutFace Theatre, New Plays Reading Festival. Belvedere House, Dublin, Ireland, November 16-19, 2017.
- Performed at the Richmond Free Library and United Church in Northfield on October 20 and 22, 2017. The program included the Italian Concerto, the Danzas argentinas, the Ballade Op. 47 in A-flat by Chopin, the Moonlight Sonata; and a premiere of the complete set of Fleeting Moments by Erik Nielsen.
- Published “The Deep End,” a short story in the anthology _Submerged_, edited by S.C. Butler and Joshua Palmatier (Zombies Need Brains LLC, 2017).
- Wrote a dramatic monologue “Suspension,” which was presented at the 5th Annual Burlington Fringe Festival, Off Center for the Dramatic Arts, Burlington, Vt., October 14, 2017. Produced by Vermont Playwrights Circle, directed by Jeanne Beckwith, performed by Macey Mayfield.
- Received a Vermont Genetics Small Award for “Injury and Safety Equipment use in Extreme Sport Subcultures.”
- Some of his art work is part of a new installation at Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum called “Access+Ability.”
- Had a chapter, titled “The Bible and American Politics,” published in The Oxford Handbook of the Bible in America.
- Had an essay, titled “Liberated from the Liberator: Frederick Douglass and Garrisonian Political Theology” published in a recent issue of Political Theology.
- Attended the annual meeting of the American Academy of Religion, where he presented a paper titled “Walker’s Appeal and the Black Just War Tradition.”
- Had his article, “Bengal Tiger Moments: Time Perception in Creative Nonfiction,” featured as the cover story for the Writer’s Chronicle.
- Has signed a contract to write another textbook for Bloomsbury: Prentiss, Sean and Jessica Hendry Nelson. Advanced Creative Nonfiction: A Writer’s Guide and Anthology. London: Bloomsbury Academic. Print. (Forthcoming 2019).
- Will have several poems published in the forthcoming literary Anthology, Birchsong: Poems Centered in Vermont, Volume II, published by Blueline Press. She had two poems in the previous volume, as well.
- Served as a peer review panelist for the National Endowment for the Humanities, Dialogues on the Experience of War program in Washington, D.C. While in D.C., supported with a Research Expenses Grant from Norwich’s Faculty Development Program, she conducted research at the Library of Congress for her project, Ellen N. La Motte: The Making of a Nurse, Writer, and Activist.