- Was awarded an Independent Study Leave for Beginning Spanish Courses for the 21st Century.
- Was selected as the American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Language (ACTFL) 2017 Pedagogy Grant winner in the area of Teaching and Learning of Culture. Her pedagogy proposal, “Using RadioAmbulante in the classroom,” will be published in the June edition of the ACTFL newsletter.
Judith Stallings Ward
- Was awarded a $4,000 Bride Award to travel to Cuba with the Vermont Council for World Affairs.
- Published two invited pieces with Global Learning, Education Week: “Engaging World Language Students Through Social Media” on May 10, and “Addressing Racism in the Classroom: Teaching Foreign Language and Culture in the Trumpian Age” on June 7.
- Received a Goethe Institute scholarship and spent two weeks in June at a German language course (for German teachers) in Schwäbisch Hall, Germany.